Who Is MMG Limited?
MMG Limited is a mid-tier global resources mining company which explores, develops and mines base metal deposits around the world.
MMG Limited currently own and operate the Century, Golden Grove and Rosebery mines in Australia. Our major development projects include Dugald River, a high grade zinc-lead-silver deposit located in north-west Queensland, Australia.
Century is Australia’s largest open pit zinc mine located in north-west Queensland. It has the capacity to produce approximately 500,000 tonnes of zinc in concentrate annually.
- Location: Two sites in the remote lower Gulf region of Queensland, Australia: the mine at Lawn Hill and associated dewatering and shiploading facilities at the Karumba Port.
- Production: Zinc, Lead & Silver
- Current Mine Life: Approximately 2016
- Employment Status (2011): 761 employees and 264 contactors
- Mining method: Open pit mining
Gold Grove Mine
Golden Grove is an underground and open pit base and precious metals mine located in Western Australia’s Mid West.
Golden Grove comprises the Scuddles and Gossan Hill mines and surface processing operations. They produces concentrates of zinc, copper and high precious metals (HPM).
- Location: Approximately 450 kilometres north-east of Perth and 280 kilometres east of Geraldton in Western Australia.
- Production: Zinc concentrate, copper concentrate, precious metal concentrate
- Current Mine Life: Approximately 2019
- Employment Status (2011): 474 employees and 269 contractors.
- Mining method: Underground, sublevel open stoping
Gold Grove Mine
Rosebery is an underground polymetallic base metal mine located in the township of Rosebery, on Tasmania’s west coast, Australia.
The mine has been in operations since 1936 and currently has a mine life that extends to 2024.
- Location: Located at Rosebery, on Tasmania’s north-west coast in Australia.
- Production: Zinc concentrate, copper concentrate, lead concentrate, gold doré.
- Current Mine Life: Approximately 2024
- Employment Status (2011): 259 employees and 232 contractors
- Mining method: Mechanised underground mining
The Dugald River project is one of the world’s largest and highest grade known undeveloped lead-zinc-silver deposits. It is located in north-west Queensland, approximately 65 kilometres north-west of Cloncurry.
Dugald River has mine life of more than 20 years, with the ore body open at depth. The project will create approximately 600 jobs during the construction phase and employ approximately 500 employees and contractors once in operation.
The project will be commissioned in 2015
For more information about MMG Limited’s mining base in Australia visit their website here.
Other Mining Companies In QLD
If you are interested in learning more about the other big mining companies working in Queensland than follow the links below:
Click here for a more comprehensive list of mining companies.